Rockdetector (www.rockdetector.com),the world's biggest rock & metal database (having just clocked up over 21,000 artists...) has just published the 400-page BLACK SABBATH biography "Never Say Die!"
Written by editor Garry Sharpe-Young, the man behind the acclaimed OZZY OSBOURNE band biography of last year, "Never Say Die!" documents by way of exclusive interviews the post-Ozzy years from 1979 -1997, telling the story of just how Tony Iommi persevered for twenty years with an ever fracturing line up. For the very first time SABBATH fans can get first hand accounts of such enduring mysteries as:
- Was TV evangelist Jeff Fenholt really a member of BLACK SABBATH? Jeff Fenholt and the SABBATH musicians reveal all.
- What really happened with David Donato? David tells his story — backed up by SABBATH members at the time.
- Who was first choice as vocalist for "Heaven And Hell"?
- Was Rob Halford really about to join SABBATH? Read Rob's story exclusively.
- What songs were demoed but remain as yet unreleased?
- Who was it that re-recorded all the vocals for "Dehumanizer"?
- Why was Geoff Nicholls always there but never in photos? Geoff tells his frank story of his twenty year tenure with the band.
- Find out exactly why Glenn Hughes lost his post, how he found out and how he was fired.
- What do the SABBATH album covers really mean?
Page after page, the secrets are unfolded — auditions, tours, recordings, demos, who wrote the songs, who played on them, glorious highs and financial woes. No stone is left unturned — it's all here.
Garry has interviewed exclusively for this work Ronnie James Dio, Tony Martin, Geoff Nicholls, Rob Halford, Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes, Neil Murray, Bob Daisley, Eric Singer, David Spitz, Bobby Rondinelli, Jo Burt, Terry Chimes, Blackie Lawless, Alvin Lee, David DeFeis, Vinnie Appice, Carmine Appice, Garry's archive interviews with Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler and many, many more. Also included are Garry's face-to-face interviews with the late Cozy Powell and Ray Gillen, the latter conducted on the day of Ray's last SABBATH show.
The book is packed with 32 pages of photos, most exclusive pictures from band members personal collections.
This book is available for order now. Details and a sample chapter can be found here.