BLACK STAR RIDERS Frontman RICKY WARWICK Releases 'The Road To Damascus Street' Lyric Video
December 11, 2015
BLACK STAR RIDERS frontman Ricky Warwick will release two new solo albums next year. "When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (And Guy Mitchell Sang The Blues)" and the beautifully acoustic "Hearts On Trees" will be released as a double CD on February 26 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment.
To give fans a taster of the album before Christmas, Ricky has released the first track from the electric album, "When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (And Guy Mitchell Sang The Blues)". Listen to "The Road To Damascus Street" below.
Ricky commented on the track: "Belfast has always been the heart and soul of my creative center. The longing for home is a constant for a touring musician and Sam's lyrics inspired me to write the music. I am delighted to finally be releasing this song."
Ricky has revealed the artwork for the release, with one album — "When Patsy Cline Was Crazy…" — showcasing his electric rock and roll side. The other disc — "Hearts On Trees" — veers towards the more tender stripped-back songwriting, influenced by both Americana and, more importantly, his Northern Irish roots.
Ricky comments: "'Hearts On Trees' and 'When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (And Guy Mitchell Sang The Blues)' were written by myself and my good friend Sam Robinson. Both albums depict our experiences of growing up and coming from the Greater East Belfast area, not only experiences that have happened to us but historical references and stories that have been told to us by friends and family... in saying that both albums translate those experiences on to a global scale that hopefully anyone geographically can relate to."
The release boasts an array of acclaimed musicians with guests such as Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD),Damon Johnson (THIN LIZZY, BLACK STAR RIDERS),Andy Cairns (THERAPY?),Billy Morrison (BILLY IDOL),Nathan Connolly (SNOW PATROL),Ginger Wildheart, Jake Burns (STIFF LITTLE FINGERS),Richard Fortus (GUNS 'N' ROSES, THE DEAD DAISIES).
Double CD track listing:
CD1 "When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (And Guy Mitchell Sang The Blues)"
01. The Road To Damascus Street 02. Celebrating Sinking 03. When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (And Guy Mitchell Sang The Blues) 04. Toffee Town 05. That's Where The Story Ends 06. Johnny Ringo's Last Ride 07. Gold Along The Cariboo 08. The Son Of The Wind 09. If Your Not Gonna Leave Me (I'll Find Someone Who Will) 10. Yesteryear
11. Ghost Town Road 12. The Whiskey Song 13. Tank McCullough Saturdays (Electric Version)
CD2 "Hearts On Trees"
01. Presbyterian Homesick Blues 02. Tank McCullough Saturdays 03. Psycho 04. Hearts On Trees 05. Said Samson To Goliath 06. Way Too Cool For Snow 07. Schwaben Redoubt 08. The Year of Living Dangerously 09. Disasters 10. 82
11. Love Owes 12. I Can See My Life (From Here) 13. The Ugly Truth 14. Hell Or Highwater 15. Eight Bells (Demo)
Vinyl track listing:
01. The Road To Damascus Street 02. Celebrating Sinking 03. When Patsy Cline Was Crazy 04. Toffee Town 05. That's Where The Story Ends 06. Johnny Ringo's Last Ride
01. Gold Along The Cariboo 02. Son Of The Wind 03. If You're Not Going To Leave Me… 04. Yesteryear
05. Love Owes 06. Eight Bells (Demo)
01. Presbyterian Homesick Blues 02. Tank McCullough Saturdays 03. Psycho 04. Hearts On Trees 05. Said Samson To Goliath 06. Way Too Cold For Snow
01. Schwaben Redoubt 02. The Year Of Living Dangerously 03. Disasters 04. 82
05. The Whiskey Song 06. Tank McCullough Saturdays (Electric Version)
When the conversation changed to possibly doing some touring to support this release, Ricky was on board. But he wanted to have a full band to bring these great songs to fruition on the stage. So, he contacted some of the amazing musicians he has befriended over the years and virtually overnight THE FIGHTING HEARTS were born. Tapping his old bandmate Gary Sullivan from one of his post-ALMIGHTY bands (SIC) to play the drums was a no-brainer. Gary had recorded all the drums on the "Patsy Cline" record and is an extremely talented musician. Next up was a call to his BLACK STAR RIDERS bandmate bassist Robbie Crane. Robbie was thrilled to be a part of it. Guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite completed the lineup. Having previously played for such luminaries as THE MISSION and Peter Murphy, Mark added that special something that made the whole band gel.
To kick things off, RICKY WARWICK & THE FIGHTING HEARTS will be supporting Belfast's own favourite sons STIFF LITTLE FINGERS on their U.K. tour in February/March of 2016.
Ricky comments: "To be going on tour with STIFF LITTLE FINGERS is a dream come true for me, 'cause they're my childhood heroes, so I just can't wait to get out there."