Swedish death metal supergroup BLOODBATH has confirmed its first-ever U.K. appearance at the 10th-anniversary edition of the Bloodstock festival, set to take place August 13-15, 2010 at Catton Hall, Derbyshire, United Kingdom. The band has chosen Bloodstock as its debut U.K. performance, and its only show in Britain in 2010.
Says guitarist Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström: "A bloodbath over Bloodstock! What could be a better way to celebrate this mighty festival's 10th year anniversary! It will be our first time on U.K. soil and it will be happening on Friday the 13th, so it seems we get to kill two birds with one stone!"
* Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH) - Vocals
* Martin "Axe" Axenrot (OPETH) - Drums
* Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström (KATATONIA) - Guitar
* Jonas Renkse (KATATONIA) - Bass
* Per "Sodomizer" Eriksson (ex-21 LUCIFERS, GENOCRUSH FEROX) – Guitar
Other new acts confirmed for Bloodstock are GORGOROTH and BLACK SPIDERS.
The festival billing is shaping up as follows:
CHILDREN OF BODOM
HEAVEN & HELL
ROSS THE BOSS
For more information, visit www.bloodstock.uk.com.