Former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz is one of 12 Broadway and rock stars featured in the new musical "The 12", written by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Robert Schenkkan, with music, lyrics and story concept by award-winning composer Neil Berg.
This new musical will make its world premiere tomorrow (Thursday, April 1) at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
"The 12" takes one of the most well known stories in history and explores the least known and most intriguing aspects of it: how twelve ordinary individuals torn apart by the unthinkable death of their leader came together to create one of the most powerful movements ever known to mankind.
A thrilling rock and roll concert set in the context of an underground rock band performing what might be their last concert together, "The 12" features twelve Broadway and rock stars, including:
* Ron Bohmer ("Phantom", "Les Mis", "Sunset Blvd", "Ragtime") as "Peter"
* Jeremy Kushnier ("Rent", "Footloose") as "Thomas"
* Patti Russo (featured singer from Meat loaf) as "The Roadie", "Mother Mary" and "The Devil"
* Michael Lanning ("The Civil War", toured with Larry Gatlin and George Harrison) as "Simon"
* Sophia Ramos (TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) as "Mary Magdelene"
* Gerard Canonico (star of "Spring Awakening", upcoming "American Idiot") as "Jimmy"
* Dan Spitz (ANTHRAX) on guitar
Musical direction is by Wendy Bobbit Cavett (current conductor of "Mamma Mia").
These greats will be performing original rock and roll songs in the classic rock and roll styles of U2, THE BEATLES, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, DAVID BOWIE, JANIS JOPLIN, ERIC CLAPTON, THE WHO, LED ZEPPELIN, ARETHA FRANKLIN, and NIRVANA, among others.