The last hospitalized survivor of a Rhode Island nightclub fire that killed 100 people last year has returned home to continue his recovery, according to the Associated Press.
Joe Kinan, 34, was burned over his arms and much of the upper half of his body, losing fingers and portions of his nose and ears. He was discharged on Tuesday from a rehabilitation hospital in Boston.
Kinan's sister, Pam Kinan, said her brother had no health insurance through his job at a tuxedo shop, but she secured him coverage after the fire from the state's insurance plan. She was uncertain how large his hospital bills would be, and how much would be covered.
Officials said The Station nightclub fire began Feb. 20 when the rock band GREAT WHITE's pyrotechnics ignited the club's ceiling. Last month, involuntary manslaughter charges were filed against the club's owners and the tour manager for GREAT WHITE.