The UK branch of Warner Home Video has announced the release of LED ZEPPELIN's "The Song Remains The Same [Special Edition]" on standard DVD on Monday November 19, followed by HD and Blu Ray on Monday November 26, 2007. "The Song Remains The Same" will be released by Rhino UK as a 2-CD digipack on November 19.
"We have re-visited 'The Song Remains The Same'," says guitarist Jimmy Page, "and can now offer the complete set as played at Madison Square Garden."
"This differs substantially from the original soundtrack released in 1976, and highlights the technical prowess of Kevin Shirley, who worked with us on 'How The West Was Won'. When it comes to 'The Song Remains The Same', the expansion of the DVD and soundtrack are as good as it gets on the LED ZEPPELIN wish list.”
This brand new digitally remastered edition of "The Song Remains The Same" features, for the first time, all 14 songs from the original concert. The DVD features newly remixed and re-mastered 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound and boasts more than 40 minutes of added bonus material.
Rare extras includes four additional songs — "Misty Mountain Hop" and "The Ocean", plus two never-before-released songs in rare performance footage — "Over The Hills And Far Away" and "Celebration Day"; a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page; vintage TV footage from the Drake Hotel robbery during the New York concert stand, a LED ZEPPELIN interview on the Cameron Crowe radio show, plus more rare interviews and rarities.
The discs will be released in the following 4 formats:
* Blu Ray
* Tampa news report (airplane footage of the arrival of the band from the PULSE in Tampa) - 4:00
* "Over the Hills and Far Away" (song) - 4:00
* Boating down the Thames (Interview with Robert Plant) - 8:00
* "Celebration Day" (song) – 3:40
* NBC and ABC Drake Hotel Robbery - Interview with Peter Grant - vintage footage - 5:00
* "Misty Mountain Hop" (song) - 4:45
* Original Trailer - 1:00
* "The Ocean" (song) - 4:40
* Radio Profile Spotlight by Cameron Crowe (1976) - 15:00
For more information, click here.