MÖTLEY CRÜE's VINCE NEIL: 'We've Never Said We Were Breaking Up'August 15, 2015
MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil recently spoke to Oakland Press about the band's "The Final Tour", which kicked off last year and will end New Year's Eve at the Staples Center in Los Angeles after one more round of North American gigs.
"This is it," he said. "This is gonna be a big year, ending it with three days at the Staples Center, and saying goodbye on New Year's. That'll be it. We wanted to go out on top, and we're doing that."
"It's not really gonna hit anybody really hard until that last week, when we're really saying goodbye in Los Angeles," he added.
"Saying goodbye in Tokyo after a couple nights there, it was like, 'Wow, I'm never gonna be back on this stage doing this with MÖTLEY again,'" Neil recalled. "There's a finality there. Or Madison Square Garden; I got a little choked up because I know I'm not gonna play Madison Square Garden with MÖTLEY CRÜE again."
Neil, however, clarified that MÖTLEY CRÜE isn't calling it quits completely and will continue to exist as a band and as a business. The group might even record new music for possible inclusion in commercials or movies.
"We've never said we were breaking up; we just said we're not touring anymore," he said. "We're gonna be definitely making more music together for different projects and stuff. But right now we're really just focused on doing these shows this year and finishing with a bang."
While announcing the first details of "The Final Tour" at a Los Angeles press conference in January 2014, the four members of MÖTLEY CRÜE revealed that they took the unusual step of having their lawyer draw up a formal "cessation of touring" agreement that goes into effect at the end of 2015 and prohibits the members of the group from going on the road again under the MÖTLEY CRÜE banner.
The 2014 leg of "The Final Tour" was one of last year's top-grossing tours, selling close to a million tickets across 72 cities and grossing more than $45 million.
Comments Disclaimer And Information