PAIN CONFESSOR: 'Purgatory Of The Second Sun' Enters Finnish Chart At No. 15

March 21, 2007

PAIN CONFESSOR's third album, "Purgatory of the Second Sun", has entered the Finnish chart at position No. 15. View the entire chart at this location.

Commented the band: "Amazing! We are utterly astonished by the way people have embraced our beloved third jewel, 'Purgatory of the Second Sun'. We humbly thank each and every one of you who have invested in our perception of today's world and the darkest side of humanity. This is a big step for us, it has been a rough ride and it feels somewhat... odd yet rewarding to see people support us in this manner!"

"Purgatory of the Second Sun" was recorded at Fantom studio and is described by the band as "raw and furious. This album has [ten] songs from which 80% is pretty much all out war and the rest 20% is heavy, like walking to the gallows."

PAIN CONFESSOR's "Ne Plus Ultra" single (audio) recently entered the Finnish national chart at position No. 1. In addition to the title cut, the single includes a cover of SURVIVOR's "Eye of the Tiger", which "has gone through a serious metal facelift," according to a posting on the group's web site. A video for "Ne Plus Ultra" was shot by Vasara Films and can be viewed at

PAIN CONFESSOR's sophomore album, "Fearrage", was released in March 2006 via Megamania. The follow-up to 2004's "Turmoil" was recorded and mixed by Janne Saksa at Studio Sound Supreme and was produced by Janne Saksa and PAIN CONFESSOR.

Find more on
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • reddit
  • email

Comments Disclaimer And Information

BLABBERMOUTH.NET uses the Facebook Comments plugin to let people comment on content on the site using their Facebook account. The comments reside on Facebook servers and are not stored on BLABBERMOUTH.NET. To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@) with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).