RAVEN: Official Lyric Video For New Song 'Destroy All Monsters'
March 18, 2015
British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will release its new album, "ExtermiNation", in Scandinavia on April 22, in Germany on April 24, in the rest of Europe on April 27 and in North America on April 28 via SPV/Steamhammer. The effort will be made available as a digipak version (including one bonus track),2LP gatefold green vinyl version and as a digital download.
The official lyric video for the song "Destroy All Monsters" can be seen below.
RAVEN recently raised more than $27,000 in a Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign to finance the recording of its next studio album. The band recorded a full-length covers CD titled "Party Killers" that was given away as an exclusive Kickstarter reward for backers. The group also offered exclusive t-shirts, patches, and a seven-inch vinyl single via the campaign, which ran through November 28.
"It seemed more obvious the longer we went into this that it was gonna cost more than the budget we have," RAVEN vocalist and bassist John Gallagher told Metal-Rules.com.
"We have a good relationship with our record company, SPV, but this is gonna cost about twice as much as the last one due to the extra rehearsals.
"We took a lot of time writing the record and condensing and looking into it, 'Does this part suck?' 'Could we do a better part?' 'Is this something obvious that we've done a million times before? Get rid of it. Come up with something different.' And [we've come up with] very strong melodies as well. So you've got very heavy songs with great melodies, which is king of all things."
"ExtermiNation" track listing:
01. Destroy All Monsters 02. Tomorrow 03. It's Not What You Got 04. Fight 05. Battle March/Tank Treads (The Blood Runs Red) 06. Feeding The Monster 07. Fire Burns Within 08. Scream 09. One More Day 10. Thunder Down Under 11. No Surrender 12. Golden Dawn 13. Silver Bullet 14. River Of No Return 15. Malice In Geordieland (bonus track)
2LP track listing:
01. Destroy All Monsters 02. Tomorrow 03. It's Not What You Got 04. Fight
01. Battle March/Tank Treads (The Blood Runs Red) 02. Feeding The Monster 03. Fire Burns Within 04. Scream
01. One More Day 02. Thunder Down Under 03. No Surrender 04. Golden Dawn
01. Silver Bullet 02. River Of No Return 03. Malice In Geordieland (bonus track)
"Party Killers", which is is available on CD and 12-inch vinyl, includes the following tracks:
* "Too Bad Too Sad" (NAZARETH) * "Bad Reputation" (THIN LIZZY) * "Cockroach" (SWEET) * "Fireball" (DEEP PURPLE) * "Hang On To Yourself" (DAVID BOWIE) * "He's A Whore" (CHEAP TRICK) * "In For The Kill" (BUDGIE) * "Is There A Better Way" (STATUS QUO) * "Ogre Battle" (QUEEN) * "Queen Of My Dreams" (EDGAR WINTER) * "Tak Me Bak 'Ome" (SLADE)
RAVEN released the "Rock Until You Drop - A Long Days Journey" two-disc DVD as a digipak in North America on July 2, 2013 via SPV/Steamhammer. The effort contains four hours and 30 minutes of concert footage from around the world, in the studio, backstage, interviews with the band, the fans, musicians and producer. It tells the story of over three decades of trailblaizing metal mayhem!
RAVEN's last album, "Walk Through Fire", was released in the U.S. on March 30, 2010 (one day earlier in Europe through SPV/Steamhammer) via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Assembly Line Studios with engineer/mixer Kevin 131 (PROJECT: FAILING FLESH, DECEASED, DYSRYTHMIA, GARDEN OF SHADOWS).