According to British tabloid The Sun, legendary guitarist Gary Moore choked on his vomit after knocking back champagne and brandy before being discovered around 4 a.m. yesterday (Sunday, February 6) by his girlfriend unconscious in their Spanish hotel room.
Medics reportedly found the 58-year-old axeman lying lifeless on his back wearing just his underpants.
An ambulance source told The Sun: "We believe the deceased had been drinking heavily."
A source at The Kempinski hotel on Spain's Costa del Sol — where suites cost up to £3,500 a night — said: "There were definite signs of alcohol in the room.
Read more from The Sun.