REVOLVER GOLDEN GODS List Of WinnersApril 24, 2014
The Revolver Golden Gods awards show took place on Wednesday night (April 23) at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, where various rock and metal acts were honored for their talents and achievements and both Axl Rose and Joan Jett were given lifetime contribution awards. According to The Pulse Of Radio, the show opened with a surprise performance from thrash metal veterans SLAYER, while other acts who performed included Jett, GUNS N' ROSES, THE PRETTY RECKLESS, SUICIDE SILENCE and A DAY TO REMEMBER.
Ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan performed with the band at the event, marking the first time that McKagan has performed with the group on U.S. soil in 20 years.
He joined GUNS onstage in London for the first time in 17 years at an October 2010 concert in London, followed more recently by shows in Vancouver and South America.
Axl Rose took home this year's Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award, while Joan Jett became the first female recipient of the Golden God Award.
VH1 Classic streamed the show live and will also air an edited version on Saturday, May 24th at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Also appearing at the show were members of BLACK SABBATH and LINKIN PARK, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Jacoby Shaddix of PAPA ROACH, Alice Cooper, Ace Frehley and others.
Revolver Golden Gods list of winners:
* Best Vocalist: Josh Homme of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
* Best Live Band: Rob Zombie
* Most Devoted Fans: AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* Best New Talent: TWELVE FOOT NINJA
* Comeback Of The Year: DEEP PURPLE
* Paul Gray Best Bassist Award: Chris Kael of FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
* Best Film & DVD: PIERCE THE VEIL
* Best Drummer: Arin Ilejay of AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* Song Of The Year: FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH's "Lift Me Up"
* Most Metal Athlete: Josh Barnett, Mixed Martial Arts
* Dimebag Darrell Best Guitarist: Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance of AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* Album Of The Year: BLACK SABBATH's "13"
* Golden God Award: Joan Jett
* Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award: Axl Rose of GUNS N' ROSES
Comments Disclaimer And Information