THE FLORIDA METAL ALL-STARS — featuring current and former members of SAVATAGE, JON OLIVA'S PAIN, CRIMSON GLORY, CIRCLE II CIRCLE, DOCTOR BUTCHER and DEUXMONKEY — will headline the Rock Against Lymphoma benefit concert at Quaker Steak & Lube in Pinellas Park, Florida on Sunday, August 1 at 8:00 p.m. This one-time-only lineup includes:
* Jon Oliva (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, JON OLIVA'S PAIN)
* Zak Stevens (SAVATAGE, CIRCLE II CIRCLE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA)
* Matt LaPorte (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, CRIMSON GLORY, CIRCLE II CIRCLE)
* Ben Jackson (CRIMSON GLORY)
* John Zahner (SAVATAGE, JON OLIVA'S PAIN, CRIMSON GLORY)
* Wade Black (CRIMSON GLORY, LEATHERWOLF, DEUXMONKEY)
* Todd LaTorre (CRIMSON GLORY)
* John Osborne (DOCTOR BUTCHER, CIRCLE II CIRCLE)
* Tom McDyne (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, CIRCLE II CIRCLE)
* Kevin Rothney (JON OLIVA'S PAIN)
* Jerry Outlaw (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, GENITORTURERS, BOGUS POMP)
The band will play metal and hard rock classics from such acts as BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN, DEEP PURPLE, SAVATAGE and more. Also scheduled to perform on this day is former LYNYRD SKYNYRD drummer Artimus Pyle (with SKYNYRD tribute act NUTHIN' FANCY) and rising Nashville country star Glenn Cummings.
The concert is being held to help raise money to help Tampa Bay musician Joe "Cellfish Joe" Koltay, who was recently diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and needs to pay for expensive chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Like so many other musicians, Koltay finds himself without health insurance, and this event's proceeds will go to help his medical expenses.