The current incarnation of the long-running German act SINNER—Mat Sinner (vocals/bass, also in PRIMAL FEAR),Frank Rössler (keyboards),Fritz Randow (drums, ex-SAXON),Henny Wolter (guitar),and Tom Naumann (guitar)—have completed work on their new album, entitled There Will Be Execution, for a January 13th, 2003 release through Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded at House of Music Studios in Winterbach, Germany, the album will contain the following track listing:
01. Higher Level Of Violence (Sinner/Wolter)
02. There Will Be Execution (Sinner)
03. Requiem For A Sinner (Sinner/Wolter)
04. Locked & Loaded (Sinner/Naumann)
05. Finalizer (Sinner/Naumann)
06. The River (SinnerNaumann)
07. God Raises The Dead (Sinner/Naumann)
08. Die On Command (Sinner/Wolter)
09. Liberty Of Death (Sinner)
10. Black Monday (Sinner/Naumann)
11. Crown Of Thorns (Sinner/Wolter)
The band recently posted the following statement about the musical direction on the CD: "There will be riffs, power, drive & groove, endless enthusiasm, a lot of energy and there will be execution! We promise the best guitar riffs SINNER has to offer in their long career, excellent world-class drumming by Fritz and outstanding lead guitars, courtesy of Tom & Henny."
In addition to the above-mentioned 11 tracks, SINNER recorded a cover of METALLICA's "Wherever I May Roam" for a forthcoming Nuclear Blast RecordsMETALLICA tribute album (which will also include NEVERMORE's version of "Ride The Lightning", among others).