The first trailer for "Death Resonance", the upcoming special collection of rarities from Swedish metallers SOILWORK, is available below. Due on August 19 via Nuclear Blast, the CD's cover art was created by MNEMIC guitarist Mircea Gabriel Eftemie (VOLBEAT, CARCASS, SCAR SYMMETRY, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) and can be seen below. The set includes the Japan-only EP "Beyond The Infinite", which featured outtakes from the recordings sessions for the band's globally praised double album "The Living Infinite".
Commented SOILWORK singer Björn "Speed" Strid: "'Beyond The Infinite' consists of some special, quite experimental songs. They might have been cut out from the original album but have a unique charm to them.
"It wasn't easy to pick the final track list for 'The Living Infinite'. It was never obvious which songs wouldn't make it. The writing and recording was highly experimental and playful in general, and it was through this album that we rediscovered ourselves as songwriters, with a new and improved lineup which brought — and will bring — so many interesting things to the table.
"Originally only released in Japan, it is with great pleasure that we finally share those special songs with you all. Enjoy!"
SOILWORK has released one of the two brand new songs that are featured on "Death Resonance". The lyric video for "Helsinki", created by well-known videographer Tommy Antonini, can be seen below.
Commented SOILWORK guitarist David Andersson: "Death. It's a word that might be used too often, but it can still be interpreted in a myriad different ways. It's not just the soma being deprived of its life-force; it's also the end of infinity, the birth of new possibilities and the acceptance of inevitable change. This song was written soon after the recording of our live album in Finland, making new friends and making sure that the old ones stay with us forever, despite the fact that everything is finite."
Added Strid said: "The cover for 'Death Resonance' is made by Mircea Eftemie and in many ways he has managed to capture what we went through while recording 'The Ride Majestic': the sorrow, the close encounter with death, the aftermath and also the existential cogitation that came with it. It links those albums together, even though 'Death Resonance' contains unreleased material from 2005 onwards. The cover almost seems like a link between life and death and not only captures where the band is right now, but also where we've been and what lies ahead."
"Death Resonance" track listing:
01. Helsinki (new song)
02. Death Resonance (new song)
03. The End Begins Below The Surface ("The Ride Majestic" Japan bonus track)
04. My Nerves, Your Everyday Tool ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
05. These Absent Eyes ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
06. Resisting The Current ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
07. When Sound Collides ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
08. Forever Lost In Vain ("Beyond The Inifite" Japan-only EP)
09. Sweet Demise ("The Panic Broadcast" Japan bonus track)
10. Sadistic Lullabye (re-recorded, "The Panic Broadcast" Japan bonus track)
11. Overclocked (2016 mix, "Sworn A Great Divide" Japan bonus track)
12. Martyr (2016 mix, "Sworn A Great Divide" Japan bonus track)
13. Sovereign (2016 mix, "Sworn A Great Divide" Japan bonus track)
14. Wherever Thorns May Grow (2016 mix, "Stabbing The Drama" Japan bonus track)
15. Killed By Ignition (2016 mix, "Stabbing The Drama" Japan bonus track)
SOILWORK's tenth studio album, "The Ride Majestic", was released worldwide on August 28, 2015 via Nuclear Blast.
Drummer Dirk Verbeuren recently left SOILWORK to join MEGADETH as a permanent member. He has since been replaced in SOILWORK by Bastian Thusgaard of THE ARCANE ORDER.