The sixth season of the distinguished "That Metal Show", the one and ONLY place on television to celebrate all things hard rock and heavy metal, will be taped in Los Angeles the week of September 30 - October 5.
Hosted by Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine ("Crank Yankers", "Inside the NFL", "Meet The Creeps") and Don Jamieson ("Inside The NFL", "Dice Undisputed", "Meet The Creeps"),"That Metal Show" is a round-table talk show — now newly expanded to an hour from the previous 30-minute format — where rock legends hang out and discuss their past and current projects, while interacting with metal fans that make up the studio audience.
The first episode of the sixth season of "That Metal Show" to be taped on September 30 will be a tribute to legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio, who died of stomach cancer on the morning of May 16, at the age of 67.
The following guests have been confirmed to appear on the special Dio episode of "That Metal Show":
* Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN & HELL)
* Geezer Butler (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL)
* Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO, UFO)
* Wendy Dio (Ronnie James Dio's wife/manager)
* Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE)
* Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST)
* Craig Goldy (BUDGIE, DIO)
Other guests scheduled to appear on the sixth season of "That Metal Show" include:
* Jason Bonham (BONHAM, LED ZEPPELIN, UFO, FOREIGNER)
* Bill Ward (BLACK SABBATH)
* Richie Kotzen (POISON, MR. BIG)
* Phil Collen (DEF LEPPARD, MAN-RAZE)
* Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT, W.A.S.P.)
* Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT)
* Tracii Guns (L.A. GUNS, BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION)
* Michael Anthony (VAN HALEN, CHICKENFOOT)
* Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER)
* George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE)
* Philip Anselmo (PANTERA, DOWN)
Fans can catch all previous seasons online at VH1Classic.com.