Frontiers Records has set a June 4 European release date for MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil's new solo album, "Tattoos & Tequila". The digital-only release of the title track will precede the full-length effort on April 16.
Neil recorded "Tattoos & Tequila" in the winter of 2009 with The CD was recorded with bassist Dana Strum and Jeff Blando (both of SLAUGHTER) and drummer Zoltan Chaney. The album will include two new songs — "Tattoos and Tequila" and "Another Bad Day", both produced by Marti Frederiksen (AEROSMITH, OZZY OSBOURNE, DEF LEPPARD) —plus a selection of classic cuts from some of the rock giants that have influenced Vince Neil throughout his musical career. The cover songs were produced by Vince and Jack Blades (DAMN YANKEES, NIGHT RANGER).
"Tattoos & Tequila" track listing:
01. Tattoos & Tequila (album version)
02. He's A Whore (CHEAP TRICK)
03. AC/DC (SWEET)
04. Nobody's Fault (AEROSMITH)
05. Another Bad Day
06. No Feelings (SEX PISTOLS)
07. Long Cool Woman (THE HOLLIES)
08. Another Piece Of Meat (SCORPIONS)
09. Who Will Stop The Rain (CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL)
10. Viva Las Vegas (ELVIS PRESLEY)
11. Bitch Is Back (ELTON JOHN)
12. Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers (ZZ TOP) *
* Bonus track available on first pressing in digipak
In a recent interview with The News Tribune, Vince stated about the upcoming CD's title, "It's rock 'n' roll. That's it. It has nothing to do with MÖTLEY CRÜE. Tattoos and tequila is basically my life."
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Neil is also writing a book akin to MÖTLEY's autobiography, "The Dirt", with Esquire writer Mike Sager.