KISS guitarist Ace Frehley called into WNEW's Saturday Night Rocks this past weekend and revealed several interesting items to host Eddie Trunk about his current status within the group and his future plans as a solo artist. Among the revelations were the following:
- His multimedia studio is 3/4 done.
- His record will be out in the fall. If it doesn't get picked up by a label, he'll put it out on his own through his web site.
- He now owns the domain name AceFrehley.com (currently shown as owned by Michael McConnell),which he acquired after a legal battle.
- Is he doing anything with KISS? "If the price is right… [Gene and Paul] are on their knees begging"...
- "I don't think [KISS] would get away performing without me in makeup"
- "KISS right now is planning a tour for 2003".
- He might be producing an album from an undisclosed English singer.
- He would like to do a DVD of his performance at New York Steel last November, of which he has a copy in a three-camera mix, and split the profits with charity.
- Ace's solo on drummer Anton Fig's album was pieced together by Anton from five takes Ace did through a zoom amp.
To hear the entire interview in streaming audio, click here.