Former MEGADETH, ANTHRAX And W.A.S.P. Members To Perform At 'Big Four' Tribute Concert At Whisky A Go GoMay 7, 2022
Ultimate Jam Night, the long-running community-oriented show in residency at the famed Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California, will hold a special tribute to the so-called "Big Four" of 1980s thrash metal — METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX — on Tuesday, May 10. Among the musicians scheduled to appear at the event are former MEGADETH members David Ellefson and Jeff Young, along with former ANTHRAX singer Neil Turbin and FEAR FACTORY and RAVEN drummer Mike Heller.
According to the Whisky A Go Go Facebook page, the event will feature appearances by the following "very special guests":
* David Ellefson (MEGADETH)
* Jeff Young (MEGADETH)
* Neil Turbin (DEATHRIDERS, BLEED THE HUNGER, ANTHRAX)
* Mike Heller (FEAR FACTORY)
* Bryan Beller (DETHKLOK, JOE SATRIANI, STEVE VAI)
* Ira Black (METAL CHURCH, HEATHEN, I AM MORBID)
* Doc Coyle (BAD WOLVES, GOD FORBID)
* Paulie Z (BOHEMIAN QUEEN, SWEET)
* Fred Aching (POWERFLO, BILLY BIO, CULPRIT)
* Patrick Stone (BUDDERSIDE)
* Jordan Ziff (MARTY FRIEDMAN, RATT)
* Mike Dupke (DEE SNIDER, W.A.S.P.)
* Philip Näslund (MULTI-PLATINUM PRODUCER)
* Rick Thorne (PRO BMX-ER)
* Ricky Bonazza (BUTCHER BABIES)
* Gregory Coates (LEMMO, ROCK OF AGES)
* Miles Schon
* Lonny Pasillas (ZOLTO)
* Victor Wichmann (ROCK VOICE BRAZIL, SUN CHASKY)
* Gabriel Colon (CULPRIT)
* Gabriel Connor (RED DEVIL VORTEX)
* JD McGibney (ANGELS ON THE BATTLEFIELD)
* Johnny Blade (NIGHTSWORD, OZZMANIA)
* Adi Argelazi (WHITE WITCH, 27 CLUB)
* Eduardo Baldo (RED DEVIL VORTEX)
* Luis Kalil (RED DEVIL VORTEX)
* Danny Almanza (MOTORBREATH, DAMAGE, INC)
* Frank Valdez (MOTORBREATH)
* Neil Metcalf (HIRAX)
* Natalie Nova (BEYOND THE ROOTS)
* Robert Madrigal (DIE BY THE SWORD)
* Chaz Leon (WOKE UP DEAD)
* Dino Gonzalez (NEIL TURBIN)
* Eleazar Llerenas (NEIL TURBIN)
* Frank Gastelum (NEIL TURBIN)
* Kevin Mayorga (NEIL TURBIN)
* Francis Cassol (RAGE IN MY EYES)
* Freddy Scott (RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE, SHERMANS SHOWCASE AMC)
* Yohai Portal (GREENBLACK, ASHENMOON)
* Adrian Villanueva (DEEP CUTS, ENGRAVE)
* Anthony Vera (BULLET BUMPS)
* Ira Black Jr (CORRUPT)
* Efren Corrupt (CORRUPT)
* Vincent Salazar (VEXXUM)
* Matt Anderson (VEXXUM)
* Edgar Delgado (VEXXUM)
* Geremi Perez (VEXXUM)
The Whisky A Go Go concert will come four months after Ellefson and Young reunited in Los Angeles for interviews to be included in the upcoming feature-length documentary "This Was My Life: The Story Of Nick Menza". Ellefson has signed on as a co-producer of the film, and also will provide narration to guide the viewer through the exploration of the late MEGADETH drummer's life.
Ellefson was fired from MEGADETH a year ago after sexually tinged messages and explicit video footage involving the bassist were posted on Twitter.
David was in MEGADETH from the band's inception in 1983 to 2002, and again from 2010 until his latest exit.
In 2004, Ellefson filed an $18.5-million lawsuit against Dave Mustaine, alleging the MEGADETH leader shortchanged him on profits and backed out of a deal to turn Megadeth Inc. over to him when the band broke up in 2002. The lawsuit was eventually dismissed and Ellefson rejoined MEGADETH in 2010.
Young's entire career with MEGADETH was spent recording and touring in support of the band's 1988 platinum-selling album "So Far, So Good...So What!"
Jeff made headlines in December 2009 for accusing Mustaine of, among other things, "dissing, exaggerating and just plain lying on some level about nearly every talented musician that has passed through his dysfunctional little ensemble." He also disputed Mustaine's claim in an interview that Young's drug problem led to MEGADETH's 1988 Australian tour being called off and the group being "banned" from performing in the country.
CHECK OUT THIS LINE-UP!
THIS TUESDAY 5/10/22…. at Ultimate Jam Night 💥
Don’t miss this night of “BIG 4” MEGA METAL…...
Posted by Whisky A Go-Go on Saturday, May 7, 2022
“Reunited & it feels so good!” 🤷🏻😬🌈 #megalife @David Ellefson
Posted by Jeff Young on Sunday, January 16, 2022
Comments Disclaimer And Information