METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST, LAMB OF GOD, MEGADETH, AC/DC and SLAYER are among the nominees for the 52nd annual Grammy Awards, which will be held on Sunday, January 31, 2010 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
The nominees in the "Hard Rock" and "Metal" categories are as follows:
Best Hard Rock Performance:
* AC/DC - "War Machine" (from "Black Ice")
* ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain" (from "Black Gives Way to Blue")
* LINKIN PARK - "What I've Done" (from "Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keyes")
* METALLICA - "The Unforgiven III" (from "Death Magnetic")
* NICKELBACK - "Burn it to the Ground" (from "Dark Horse")
Best Metal Performance:
* JUDAS PRIEST - "Dissident Aggressor" (from "A Touch of Evil Live"
* LAMB OF GOD - "Set to Fail" (from "Wrath")
* MEGADETH - "Head Crusher" (from "Endgame")
* MINISTRY - "Señor Peligro" (from "Adios...")
* SLAYER - "Hate Worldwide" (from "World Painted Blood")
Other categories of interest:
Best Rock Instrumental Performance:
* JEFF BECK - "A Day In The Life"
* BOOKER T. JONES - "Warped Sister"
* BRAD PAISLEY - "Playing With Fire"
* BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA - "Mr. Surfer Goes Jazzin'"
* STEVE VAI - "Now We Run"
Best Rock Album:
* AC/DC - "Black Ice"
* ERIC CLAPTON & STEVE WINWOOD - "Live From Madison Square Garden"
* GREEN DAY - "21st Century Breakdown"
* DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - "Big Whiskey And the Groogrux King"
* U2 - "No Line On The Horizon"
The 52nd annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live in high definition TV and 5.1 Surround Sound on CBS from 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. EST.
Nominations for the 52nd annual Grammy Awards were announced tonight by The Recording Academy and reflected an eclectic mix of the best and brightest over the past year in music, as determined by the voting members of The Academy. For the second year, nominations for the annual Grammy Awards were announced on primetime television as part of "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music's Biggest Night". The one-hour special — broadcast live on CBS from Club Nokia at L.A. live — featured the announcement of nominations in several categories as well as performances by the BLACK EYED PEAS, DJ/producer David Guetta, Maxwell, Nick Jonas & THE ADMINISTRATION, Sugarland, and host LL Cool J. Presenters included LINKIN PARK, George Lopez, Katy Perry, Smokey Robinson, Ringo Starr, T-Pain, and Dwight Yoakam.