NIGHTWISH: First Trailer For 'Decades' Compilation
February 13, 2018
Tuomas Holopainen's three-track demo earned him his first record deal with his freshly founded band NIGHTWISH back in 1996. 20 years later — with over 2,000 shows played and more than eight million records sold — NIGHTWISH is the biggest European symphonic metal band. Reason enough for Nuclear Blast to celebrate this huge anniversary by releasing a 2CD compilation titled "Decades" on March 9.
"Decades"will be available as a 2CD jewelcase, 2CD digipak, 3LP box (different colors) and 2CD earbook.
The first trailer for "Decades" is available below.
01. The Greatest Show On Earth 02. Élan 03. My Walden 04. Storytime 05. I Want My Tears Back 06. Amaranth 07. The Poet And The Pendulum 08. Nemo 09. Wish I Had An Angel
01. Ghost Love Score 02. Slaying The Dreamer 03. End Of All Hope 04. 10th Man Down 05. The Kinslayer 06. Dead Boy's Poem 07. Gethsemane 08. Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean 09. Sacrament Of Wilderness 10. Sleeping Sun 11. Elvenpath 12. The Carpenter 13. Nightwish (demo)
3LP Box (33 rpm)
01. The Greatest Show On Earth
01. Élan 02. My Walden 03. Storytime 04. I Want My Tears Back 05. Amaranth
01. The Poet And The Pendulum 02. Nemo 03. Wish I Had An Angel
01. Ghost Love Score 02. Slaying The Dreamer 03. End Of All Hope 04. 10th Man Down
01. The Kinslayer 02. Dead Boy's Poem 03. Gethsemane 04. Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean
01. Sacrament Of Wilderness 02. Sleeping Sun 03. Elvenpath 04. The Carpenter 05. Nightwish (demo)
The release will be accompanied by a nine-month tour across the globe. After kicking off with 34 concerts in North America in March-April, the journey will continue with dozens of European festival and headline shows. On this tour, NIGHTWISH will also be presenting a special setlist, featuring rare material from the early years of their career. That's why these evenings will not only be special events for the fans, but also for the band themselves. Be prepared to hear a lot of old-school material.
BLABBERMOUTH.NET uses the Facebook Comments plugin to let people comment on content on the site using their Facebook account. The comments reside on Facebook servers and are not stored on BLABBERMOUTH.NET. To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).