VINCE NEIL: Australian Solo Tour Cancelled

March 7, 2007

According to Ticketek, MÖTLEY CRÜE frontman Vince Neil's previously announced "first-ever" solo tour of Australia — which was scheduled to kick off late March — has been cancelled. No reason was given for the cancellation.

As previously reported, MÖTLEY CRÜE has been confirmed for the Download festival, set to take place June 8-10 at Donington Park, Leicestershire, England. They will also perform at this year's Gods of Metal festival, which will take place in two separate installments in June at Idropark in Milan, Italy.

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx told John Benson of Billboard.com last year that he's in no rush to begin work on the band's next studio album, despite previous reports to the contrary.

"There's a lot of [new] music but I don't feel any urgency," he said. "I guess in a perfect world, the ['The Dirt'] movie and the album and the tour would all kind of come at the same time. But in the MÖTLEY world, I doubt it."

The CRÜE's journey will be transformed onto the silver screen with an MTV Films/Paramount project that was scheduled to go into production late last year. The biopic is based on the band's autobiography "The Dirt".

Find more on
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • reddit
  • email