The Billboard Information Group salutes the pop culture impact of "The Osbournes", the hit MTV series fronted by flamboyant rock veteran Ozzy Osbourne, with the publication of a special report in the Dec. 20 issue of Billboard. The issue is available on newsstands from Dec. 13 when the content also will also be posted on www.billboard.com. Fans can also purchase the Osbournes special issue online at www.orderbillboard.com.
"The Osbournes: America's First Family of Rock" is a report on the 35-year career of Ozzy Osbourne, from the formation of BLACK SABBATH through his achievements as a solo artist, to the launch on MTV of "The Osbournes", which begins a new season in early 2004.
The Billboard report is scheduled to feature:
* A comprehensive overview of Ozzy Osbourne's career with comments from industry insiders and executives who have followed Ozzy on his rock'n'roll path from heavy-metal madman to MTV's favorite dad.
* A Q&A interview with Ozzy on the development and success of "The Osbournes".
* A profile of Sharon Osbourne: spouse, mom, manager, MTV co-star, and host of "The Sharon Osbourne Show" which debuted in national syndication in September.
* A report from the road on the enduring success of the Ozzfest hard rock touring extravaganza.
* An exclusive Billboard chart analysis of the Ozzy Osbourne's top albums both with BLACK SABBATH and as a solo artist.
"The show" says Ozzy, "is all about the way I really live. That's the way my family and I are all the time. So I don't see the funny side of it, like other people do. I don't get the joke."