GHOST will release an "extended" box-set edition of the band's latest album, "Impera", on July 28.
The package features:
* Individually copper foiled numbered at 6K units worldwide
* "Impera" and "Live From The Ministry" EP double colored vinyl (sky blue and gold) etching on Side D enclosed in a 3D, die-cut jacket with light feature
* 28-page "Impera" album booklet
* "Phantomime" EP on black ice vinyl with exclusive jacket artwork
* Unreleased cover "Stay" on a limited-edition orchid 7-inch single with etching on side B
* 22-page thick bound photo book
* 18x24 "Spillways" poster
* GHOST wax seal kit contained in a satin pouch with embroidered GHOST logo and three colored custom GHOST candles with three stamper designs
* All enclosed in a matte lift lid box with a copper foil GHOST logo
For more information, visit lomavistarecordings.com.
GHOST's fifth album, "Impera" sold 70,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in its first week of release to land at position No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. It marked the third top 10 album — and fifth top 40-charting set — for the Swedish act.
"Impera" landed at position No. 1 in Germany and Sweden, No. 2 in the U.K., Netherlands, Belgium and Norway, No. 3 in Australia, No. 5 in France and Ireland, and No. 20 in Italy.
"Impera" was released in March 2022. The 12-song effort was produced by Klas Åhlund and mixed by Andy Wallace.
GHOST leader Tobias Forge worked on the follow-up to 2018's "Prequelle" with Åhlund and Swedish co-writers Salem Al Fakir and Vincent Pontare, whose credits include Madonna and Lady Gaga.
Six of GHOST's albums have charted on the Billboard 200: "Infestissumam" (No. 28, 2013); "If You Have Ghost" EP (No. 87, 2013); "Meliora" (No. 8, 2015); "Popestar" EP (No. 16, 2016); "Prequelle" (No. 3, 2018); and "Impera" (No. 2, 2022).
Last month, GHOST released "Phantomime", a five-song EP which sees the Swedish occult rockers offering takes on IRON MAIDEN's "Phantom Of The Opera", GENESIS's "Jesus He Knows Me", TELEVISION's "See No Evil", THE STRANGLERS' "Hanging Around" and Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)".
GHOST is no stranger to covers, having previously tackled material originally written and recorded by THE BEATLES ("Here Comes The Sun"), ABBA ("I'm A Marionette"), DEPECHE MODE ("Waiting For The Night"), Roky Erickson ("If You Have Ghosts"), METALLICA ("Enter Sandman"), PET SHOP BOYS ("It's A Sin") and EURYTHMICS ("Missionary Man"), among others.
This past February, GHOST revealed details of its upcoming "Re-Imperatour" summer 2023 U.S. tour with special guest AMON AMARTH. Produced by Live Nation and FPC Live, the 27-date trek kicks off on Wednesday, August 2 in Concord, California at Concord Pavilion, with stops in Salt Lake City, Chicago, Cincinnati, Austin and more before wrapping up with the band's Monday, September 11 return to the Kia Forum in Los Angeles.
[MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]
We wish to inform our devoted followers that the much-anticipated box set offering for...
Posted by Ghost on Wednesday, June 14, 2023