New Hampshire Woman Sues TED NUGENT For Child Support

September 10, 2003

A New Hampshire woman says Ted Nugent fathered her 8-year-old son and she's suing the 1970s rock star for child support and legal custody, according to the Associated Press.

Karen Gutowski, 42, of Dover, has filed petitions in Strafford County Superior Court against Theodore Nugent of Concord, Mich., according to court documents.

Her lawyer, Jeffrey Runge, said Nugent acknowledges the child is his and has paid minimal support since the boy was born in 1995 but whom he has not met.

Nugent has two children with his wife, Shemane Nugent. Runge said Nugent was served with court documents informing him of the suit Sept. 5 when the guitarist played at the Meadowbrook Amphitheater in Gilford with ZZ TOP.

According to a biography on, he has been named father of the year at his child's school.

Runge said Gutowski had a brief relationship with Nugent. He said Nugent pays Gutowski monthly child support that is far less than Nugent can afford.

Runge did not say how much Nugent pays.

The case is scheduled for a temporary hearing Sept. 29 but Nugent has until Oct. 7 to file a written response, according to court documents.

Find more on
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • reddit
  • email

Comments Disclaimer And Information

BLABBERMOUTH.NET uses the Facebook Comments plugin to let people comment on content on the site using their Facebook account. The comments reside on Facebook servers and are not stored on BLABBERMOUTH.NET. To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@) with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).