RANDY BLYTHE: 'God Bless The U.S.A.!'

August 3, 2012

LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe landed on U.S. soil this afternoon after spending more than a month at a Prague, Czech Republic prison on manslaughter charges. The singer boarded a direct flight to New York at approximately 1:00 p.m. CEST (Central European Summer Time) and made his way back home to Richmond, Virginia where he was expected to be met by his wife, Cindy Blythe.

On his layover in New York, Blytheupdated his Instagram with photo of him and a fan who came to the airport to greet him (see picture below). He also included this heartfelt message:

"I apologize for my absence. I had an unexpectedly lengthy layover in the Czech Republic.

"This lovely young woman named Lia came to the [New York City] airport just to say, 'Randy, I'm glad you're home.' WHAT A SWEETHEART! Her boyfriend Gary had to work, so we called him on his cell.

"WE HAVE AWESOME FANS! How rad to be greeted by one for my layover in NYC.

"Soon I'll be home in [Richmond, Virginia].

"Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers.

"I'll release a statement soon.

"Yee-haw and God bless the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!"

Blythe was arrested at the Prague airport on June 27 and was accused of shoving a local fan off the stage during LAMB OF GOD's May 2010 concert in the city. The man, who is said to have stormed the stage three times during the show, reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that resulted in his death nearly a month later.

After the court doubled Blythe's bail last month from about $200,000 to about $400,000, the prosecutor once again filed a complaint against the singer's release.

A Prague court on Thursday (August 2) dismissed the request that Blythe be banned from leaving the country.

Blythe confirmed earlier today that he will return to the Czech Republic — if necessary — to face trial. "I'm an international touring artist," he said. "I have to clear my name. So, yes, I will come back [to Prague] if I'm called to court."

Find more on
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • reddit
  • email