URIAH HEEP To Release 'Choices' Box Set Next Month
August 11, 2021
Legendary progressive rock band URIAH HEEP will release a new box set, "Choices", on September 24. A six-CD boxset, "Choices" features a personal selection of URIAH HEEP songs from across the band's 50-year and 24-album career.
Created with the full collaboration of the HEEP themselves and curated by guitarist and founder member Mick Box, the six discs include personal selections from Mick, Bernie Shaw, Phil Lanzon, Paul Newton and the recently deceased and much-missed Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake.
The collection is of 77 tracks is completed with six art cards which carry personal notations from each band member and their reproduced signature.
Said Box: "Who would have guessed it, 50 years of HEEP and counting! Our music has continued to stand the test of time, and the fans are the reason we are still here doing it. There is no better feeling than knowing our music has endured, and that our live shows continue to rock people in 62 countries worldwide."
"Choices" track listing:
CD1 - Ken Hensley
01. Paradise 02. The Spell 03. Weep In Silence 04. Rain 05. Circle Of Hands 06. July Morning 07. The Park 08. Echoes In The Dark 09. Misty Eyes 10. Fallen Angel 11. The Easy Road 12. Falling In Love 13. Sunrise 14. Sweet Freedom
CD2 - Lee Kerslake
01. July Morning 02. The Magician's Birthday 03. Traveller In Time 04. Sweet Lorraine 05. Circus 06. Rainbow Demon 07. Come Back To Me 08. Shady Lady 09. All My Life 10. The Other Side Of Midnight 11. Who Needs Me 12. That's The Way That It Is 13. Free Me 14. Stealin'
CD3 – Mick Box
01. The Park 02. Tears In My Eyes 03. Sweet Lorraine 04. Circus 05. Free N' Easy 06. Woman Of The Night 07. Hot Persuasion 08. The Other Side Of Midnight 09. Straight Through The Heart 10. Cross That Line 11. Love In Silence 12. What Kind Of God 13. Trail Of Diamonds 14. The Outsider 15. Falling Under Your Spell
CD4 – Paul Newton
01. Lady In Black 02. Tales 03. Easy Livin' 04. Tears In My Eyes 05. If I Had The Time 06. Real Turned On 07. Come Away Melinda 08. What Should Be Done 09. Why (Alternate Version) 10. Sympathy 11. Free N' Easy 12. I'm Alive 13. One Minute 14. Grazed By Heaven
CD5 - Phil Lanzon
01. A Year Or A Day 02. The Magician's Birthday 03. Wonderworld 04. Circus 05. Bad Bad Man 06. Question 07. Between Two Worlds 08. Voice On My TV 09. Universal Wheels 10. Waters Flowin'
CD6 - Bernie Shaw
01. July Morning 02. What Kind Of God 03. Mistress Of All Time 04. Wise Man 05. One Minute 06. Corridors Of Madness 07. Tales 08. Take Away My Soul 09. Heaven's Pain 10. Heartless Land
URIAH HEEP's latest album, "Living The Dream". was released in September 2018 via Frontiers Music Srl. The LP was helmed by famed Canadian producer Jay Ruston, who has previously worked with ANTHRAX, STONE SOUR and STEEL PANTHER, among others.
Box is the original guitarist and sole remaining founding member of URIAH HEEP. He, vocalist Bernie Shaw and keyboardist/vocalist Phil Lanzon have formed the nucleus of the band for more than 34 years and released 17 albums together.
URIAH HEEP debuted in 1970 with the release of one of hard rock's milestones, "Very 'Eavy, Very 'Umble", and has since sold in excess of 40 million albums worldwide. They constantly tour the world, playing up to 125 shows a year to more than 500,000 fans. The band's live set features the classic tracks from the '70s and is a musical journey from the band's beginnings to the present day.
URIAH HEEP is:
Mick Box - Lead Guitar/Vocals Phil Lanzon - Keyboards/Vocals Bernie Shaw - Lead Vocals Dave Rimmer - Bass Guitar/Vocals Russell Gilbrook - Drums, Percussion
BLABBERMOUTH.NET uses the Facebook Comments plugin to let people comment on content on the site using their Facebook account. The comments reside on Facebook servers and are not stored on BLABBERMOUTH.NET. To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).