OZZY OSBOURNE Interviewed On Brazil's 'Almanaque' (Video)

May 16, 2011

Legendary heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne was interviewed on the Brazilian TV show "Almanaque" on Globo News. The chat, which was taped before Ozzy's Brazilian tour in April, can be viewed at this location.

It's official: there will be no Ozzfest of any kind in 2011. For the second time in three years, the heavy metal and hard rock festival started in 1997 by Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will not take place this summer. Ozzy confirmed the news online, saying in a statement, "No, [there will be no Ozzfest] this year. I just finished a lengthy arena tour of the U.S., so I've decided to tour Europe this summer instead."

Ozzy told The Pulse Of Radio last year that he wasn't sure what the future held for Ozzfest. "If it takes off again, fine. If it doesn't, well, that's also fine because, you know, it's been great for us," he said. "I mean, we've had a I'm really happy that we've been able to launch new bands into the arena, you know. A good few many bands got successful from the Ozzfest. But since we didn't do it the last couple of years, there's been a few more other festivals pop up. You know, we'll see what happens. You never know, it could go on, it could not."

Ozzfest has gone through a number of changes over the last few years as a result of economic woes and more competition from events like the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem and Uproar festivals.

Last year's Ozzfest was a short, six-date run that featured Ozzy, MTLEY CRE, HALFORD, DEVILDRIVER and NONPOINT.

There was no Ozzfest in 2009, while the 2008 edition was a one-day "destination" event in Dallas, Texas, starring Ozzy, METALLICA, APOCALYPTICA, KORN's Jonathan Davis and more.

(Thanks: Tadeu Salgado)

Find more on
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • reddit
  • email